Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Letter To My Husband

Dear Corey,

I can't believe how fast time has gone by! It seems just yesterday we were getting to know the good, bad, and sometimes ugly of each other. The past several months have been special to me because it seems we are settling into our marriage. What use to be the unknown is now the norm in our everyday life. We seem to know what the other is thinking or saying before it's thought or said. I want you to know that you've never disappointed me or let me down in any way. The foundation we are building for our family is strong and our love continues to grow.
I haven't mentioned this to you yet, but the other morning when you were leaving to go ride with Stephan and Sean, I was watching you out of our bedroom window. I don't know what compelled me to do this other than God. I felt His presence as I watched you with little Sean and thought of what an amazing father you're going to be. It made me so proud to see not only Sean's face light up, but yours as well. You have such an incredible heart and seem to have a way with children. You know me, I'm always thinking ahead! You're selfless in every way and always put the best interest of our family before your own. When a disaster strikes like water leaks, blown out tires, dog accidents, burnt dinner, Boss getting stuck under the house, Boss eating the house, wild pigs in the yard, or I just plain have one of those days, you're always there to fix it. When we lost Bishop, you held me when I should've held you. I love you for this and so much more.
Our life together is crazy insane chaos. I'm so proud to be your wife but most of all, I'm proud of what an incredible man you have become. I know if your Dad was here, he would say the same. We have driven from one side of the country to the other and then back again. I've been places with you I'd never thought I would be. We've had adventures, surprises, and lots of laughs along the way. I praise you Corey for always being not only my partner in life but my best friend. Going with my gut has never felt better. The best is yet to come baby, I can just feel it.


xoxo, Lindsey


( I caught him watching TV the other day. just. like. this. )




2 comments:

Jill said...

Love is a many splendid thing!

The caramel apples were okay. I'm going to have to try it again and perfect my skills. I need a candy thermometer though.

Have a great week!

Pink Armchair Designs by Jenny said...

Hey Lindsey-
I sent your design to you on Friday. Let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks!