Sunday, December 7, 2008

FYI

If you ask anyone I grew up with, or even anyone that even remotely knows me, they'll tell you the same thing. I was a terrible friend to many people I love. I made really bad choices that led me to really bad consequences. BY MY OWN DOING. As I've matured I have been able to reflect on a lot of my choices and how they affected other people. There have also been times where I think to myself that I don't deserve the life I've got. My blessing are far too many to count. But then I remember. God picked up the tab. Because of Him I have been forgiven. Because of Him I will dwell in heaven with those who have passed before me. I can look the other way as I'm judged by my peers and enjoy it...because I know the truth...and so does He.

Jesus' words of caution add crucial instructions on how we can "see clearly" in our judgments: "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye"

Matthew 7:1-5




Photobucket

1 comment:

katie + bret said...

Just to let you know - My mommy got to your blog from mine and she read this entry you made and she really thought it was sweet :)

Also, we all were witches as kids. I am just glad we made it through! xx