Friday, October 24, 2008

Tree Hugger...

So these days I'm trying to do my "part", which means going a little green. For me of coarse I started with food. This is the easiest way to start the transition from processed to organic eating...which we all know is way way better for you. Not only does it fascinate me, (Corey could care less), but it motivates me to have fully made the change by the time we have children. You better believe I'll be making my own baby food, cloth diapering (at least at home), delaying vaccines and of coarse homeschooling. Ha, only in a perfect world. I envy the mom's I read about in the blogging world b/c they seem to live this way without blinking an eye...I on the other hand need to start small. Going organic in east Texas is not that easy of a task. Remember, we don't have a Whole Foods on every corner. Most of our organic selections are scarce and pretty expensive. We don't have a wide range of products and just b/c it says organic doesn't mean it's 100% organic. Come on people, read the labels! We do have the benefit of having a great local farmer's market as well as a few health food shoppes. So for now I'll leave you with my two favorite health foods...they are delish! Just grab you a bowl (not plastic of coarse) and pour some granola into it. Put a heaping spoonful or more of the yogurt on top. Add a dash of cinnamon and tada! You've made a great, fast, healthy breakfast or snack. See, wasn't that easy?

Have a great weekend, and good luck going green. xoxo

No comments: